Notice anything different?
There are few things I enjoy more than befores/afters — of almost anything, but especially of rooms made-over. As you may have noticed, I do appreciate a fresh coat of paint, a bit of wallpaper, a re-purposed piece of furniture, some fresh art on the walls. I also love a good system — baskets, hooks, like things together — anything to create a little order. A good friend of mine recently sent me before/after photos of her re-organized laundry room and I was salivating.
The superficial changes of a space enthrall me, but I also love the layer deeper — that is, the idea that a space has become more usable, more liveable. That a fresh tone may have been set by a new color or a nod to feng shui.
And thus, I bring you 2 transformations today. The 1st is a quick before and after of a corner of my home. Of all the work we’ve done on the house, this space underwent the largest transformation. It was outdated and stifling — a passageway I wanted to run through just to get out of it and into something more pleasing. Brace yourself now for one of the ugliest photos you will ever see on this blog:
With a coat of paint, a couple of rugs, and some quilts on the wall it has become a bonus playspace — one of my favorite places in the whole house to be.
Ah, let’s all take a collective breath of fresh air.
And with that, I bring you transformation #2.
This ole’ blog of mine was starting to feel a little outdated — not horrible, but certainly not being all she could be. Here’s the Before:
…and all around you today, you see the After.
So, would you like to take a brief tour? Here are a few of my favorite new features:
1. I’d like to direct your attention first over to the right hand margin here: ————————————————————————————–>
Worried you’ll miss a good post? Worry no longer. At the top of the page you’ll see it’s a whole lot easier to SUBSCRIBE to the Treelife blog You can get updates via email, or if you are more technically-inclined, via RSS. In other words, you don’t have to miss anything. Just subscribe and you’ll always know when the posts go up! (And, I promise not to share your email address with anyone else…or to email you incessantly.)
2. Wondering about how to work with me? Wonder no longer. You’ll see just below the Subscribe options that the easy link to the main Treelife site — via the button, WORK WITH ME. If you go to my main site, there’s loads of information about my work as a ceremony officiant, workshops, and one-on-one coaching.
3. Looking for some inspiration? Again, look no further than right over here ————————————————————————————->
I’ll keep this little area updated with the books that are currently inspiring me, including the ones I’m cooking with and reading to my toddler. If you click on the links, it will take you directly to Powell’s Books online where you can purchase books.
4. Which brings me to my very favorite of the updates here on the Treelife blog: the Bookshop! The easiest way to enter my bookshop is by clicking on BOOKSHOP in the menu above, just below the photo of me. There are lots of bookshelves I have loaded up with books that I’ve found inspiring — on topics ranging from sewing to parenting to creating rituals and ceremonies. Powell’s books is a wonderful, locally-owned company operated by good people who use many sustainable and fair-trade practices, so if you are going to shop online, it’s a great place to do it. *Buying books via the Treelife blog (any book, not just the ones I link to) benefits both Treelife and Powell’s, not to mention your edification, so it’s a triple win. Plus, they ship for free if you spend over $50. So, once you enter through my blog, feel free to shop with the browser and buy any book under the sun.*
5. Wanting to share the Treelife Blog with other people in your life? Yearn no longer – it’s easy now. Using the buttons at the bottom of the post, you can Like us on Facebook, Pin us on Pinterest, or email any particular post to a friend. Sharing is just buttons away.
6. Dying to share your thoughts? Don’t die! I’d love to hear from you. I appreciate each and every comment posted here on the Comments board (below and at the top of each post) and try to respond as often as I can.
and finally, 7. Seeking an opportunity to Sponser the Treelife Blog? You are in luck. I love playing matchmaker between businesses I want to support and my wonderful readers. Ad space is now available on the Treelife Blog. Go to the Contact page above for more information.
As for Afters, I think we are through. Please feel free to comment on this (and any) post and let me know what you think of the new look and usability! I’d love to hear from you.